RESPONSIBLE GAMING STRATEGIES
- Set a limit on the time and money you are prepared to spend – and stick to it!
- Only spend what you can afford to lose – leave bank cards and credit cards at home.
- Do not use money intended for everyday expenses.
- Do not borrow money to play games of chance.
- Understand how gambling works. Get to know the facts and learn more about the games you play by visiting getgamblingfacts.ca
- Play for fun. After all, gambling is a form of entertainment, not a way to make money!
- Know the cost of play. You should hope to win but expect to lose money over time.
- Be aware of the risks. Gambling losses are the cost of entertainment, therefore do not chase them. Surround yourself with friends who will support your healthy choices.
- Keep balance in your life – participate in a variety of leisure activities.
To understand more about gambling...
- Know how gambling works: visit getgamblingfacts.ca
- Understand how psychology applies to gambling.
- Know the risks associated with gambling.
- Know the signs of problem gambling.
- Know your limits.